THE CALIFORNIA 2013 BUILDING ENERGY EFFICIENCY STANDARDS,
TITLE 24, PART 6 COMPLIANCE VERIFICATION SERVICES
When required by California Title 24, the verification of fenestration can be completed in accordance with the Field Inspection Checklist ENV-1C by a certified Quality Built Home Energy Rating System (HERS®) Rater. Fenestration verifications include: window size, orientation, energy ratings and building overhang. Quality Built’s HERS® Raters are certified by RESNET and will provide field verification and registration of fenestration installations on the Client’s behalf.
When required by California Title 24, the verification of insulation can be completed in accordance with the Field Inspection Checklist ENV-1C by a certified Quality Built Home Energy Rating System (HERS®) Rater. Insulation verifications include: Cavity R-Value verification in roof, floor, door and wall structures (includes batt and roll, and loose fill/blown-in insulation products). Quality Built’s HERS® Raters are certified by RESNET and will provide field verification of insulation and register that verification on the client’s behalf.
For buildings for which the Certificate of Compliance (CF1R) requires HERS field verification for compliance with the standards, a certified Quality Built Home Energy Rating System (HERS®) Rater will visit the site to perform field verification and diagnostic testing, to complete the applicable heating and cooling system Certificates of Field Verification and Diagnostic Testing (CF3R).
Quality Built’s field verification and diagnostic testing services include:
- Verified duct leakage
- Verified duct design – supply duct location, surface area, and R-value (including buried ducts)
- Low leakage ducts in conditioned space
- Low leakage air handlers
- Refrigerant charge verification
- Verification of installation of a Charge Indicator Display (CID)
- Forced air system airflow verification utilizing the installer-provided hole for the placement of a Hole for a Static Pressure Probe (HSPP), or a Permanently installed Static Pressure Probe (PSPP).
- Air handler fan watt draw
- High efficiency air conditioner Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER)
- Evaporative cooled condensers
- Ice storage air conditioners
- Photovoltaic (PV) field Verification in accordance with the provisions of the New Solar Home Partnership (NSHP)
- Central fan integrated systems for ventilation cooling for air handler fan watt draw
- Whole-Building Ventilation for Indoor Air Quality (IAQ), Local Ventilation Exhaust, and other IAQ measures given in ASHRAE Standard 62.2