• The Director of Training reports directly to the President and is responsible for developing online content (i.e., training modules), training field personnel to become RESNET HERS Raters, RESNET RFIs, ICC Inspectors, Drone Operators, Sewer Scope Inspectors, and others, training field personnel to become proficient in above code programs (e.g., ENERGY STAR, Indoor airPLUS, WaterSense, etc.), mentoring new HERS Raters, RFIs, and ICC inspectors to develop confidence in field skills, and assisting field personnel when issues arise.
*You will assist approximately 20 individuals in becoming HERS Raters, RFIs, and ICC Inspectors annually and this job will have a considerable amount of travel, up to 75%*
• Develop and maintain an inclusive mentor and mentee environment that inspires people to learn more academic concepts and field skills
• Develop, maintain, and facilitate successful completion of online training modules and field training for the following national programs: RESNET HERS Raters, RESNET RFIs, ICC Inspectors, ENERGY STAR Raters, Indoor airPLUS Verifiers, HERS H2O/WaterSense Verifiers (i.e., 1st priority)
• Develop, maintain, and facilitate successful completion of online training modules and field training for the following national programs: DOE Zero Energy Ready Homes, Renewable Energy Ready Homes, FAA Small UAS Pilot, LEED, and NGBS (i.e., 2nd priority)
• Develop, maintain, and facilitate successful completion of online training modules and field training for the following national programs: Green Globes, Living Building Challenge, Passive House, and Enterprise Green Communities (i.e., 3rd priority)
• Develop, maintain, and facilitate successful completion of online training modules and field training for the following regional programs: CALGreen, Build It Green, Built Green, Green Built Texas, Florida Green Building Coalition, and others (i.e., 4th priority)
• Must complete all mentoring, training, and inspections in compliance with the appropriate accrediting body (e.g., RESNET, ICC, EPA, USGBC, etc.) in addition to Quality Built’s company policy
• Assist field consultants (i.e., HERS Raters, RFIs, and ICC Inspectors) with field issues that come up via phone call, video chat, and traveling to site
• Assist the company in becoming a RESNET Accredited Rater Training Provider
• Create SOPs, policies & procedures, flowcharts, spreadsheets, and any other documentation required to improve organizational training assets
• Work with RESNET QAD to develop, maintain, and improve SOPs, forms, and procedures (i.e., including online/software components)
• Manage all credentials, certificates, and other professional recognition for all field staff and track progress towards continuing education requirements
• Explore new service offerings for the residential construction market and identify the appropriate training, education, and credentials needed upon organization or client interest
• Work collaboratively with a diverse group of stakeholders including field operations, project coordination, energy modeling, and sustainability teams
• Assist in the development of software applications that track progress and promote training, mentoring, and additional education
• Manage budget effectively and be capable of interfacing with C-suite executives
• Participate in the interview process for potential field personnel candidates
• Determine incentives and compensation levels for achieving certain training thresholds
• To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
• Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Planning and Organization
• Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
• Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Education & Skills Requirements
• Current RESNET HERS Rater certification in good standing *REQUIRED*
• At least one (1) current ICC certification is desirable such as Residential Building Inspector (B1), Electrical Inspector (E1), Mechanical Inspector (M1), or Plumbing Inspector (P1) *REQUIRED*
• Current ENERGY STAR Rater certification and/or ENERGY STAR Multifamily Rater certification *REQUIRED*
• Five (5) or more years’ experience as an active RESNET HERS Rater *REQUIRED*
• Three (3) or more years’ experience acting as mentor or trainer for HERS Raters and/or RFIs *REQUIRED*
• One (1) to three (3) years’ experience as an active ICC Inspector *REQUIRED*
• Eligible to become RESNET Candidate Field Assessor (CFA), Rater Trainer, and Quality Assurance Designee (QAD) *REQUIRED*
• Must conduct yourself in a professional manner and carry out all training activities according to the company policy and the rules of the corresponding accrediting body (e.g., RESNET, ICC, EPA, USGBC, etc.) *REQUIRED*
• A valid driver’s license, clean driving record for minimum of 5 years and adequate auto insurance that meets company compliance ($100,000 bodily injury/$300,000 accident /$100,000 property damage) *REQUIRED*
• Reliable transportation and ability to travel by plane up to 50% of the time *REQUIRED*
• Strong computer and customer service (verbal and written) skills are a must *REQUIRED*
• Current Candidate Field Assessor (CFA), Rater Trainer, and/or Quality Assurance Designee certification(s) *Preferred*
• Previous experience building a hybrid (i.e., digital and field) training program for organizations of 150 employees or more *Preferred*
• Five (5) or more years’ experience as an active CalCERTS or CHEERS HERS Rater, BPI Energy Auditor, or Sustainability Rater (LEED, NGBS, etc.) *Preferred*
• Additional certifications such as BPI (Building Analyst and/or Envelope Professional), LEED Green Rater and NGBS Green Verifier are highly desirable *Preferred*
• This job requires lifting up to 50 pounds. The worker must ask for assistance in lifting more than 50 pounds and may request assistance in lifting at any time.
• Be able to work in extreme climate conditions.
• Lifting: Frequently/up to 50 pounds
• Carrying: Same as lifting
• Pushing/pulling: Limited on specific job sight to examine structure
• Stooping: Frequently
• Crouching: Frequently
• Kneeling: Frequently
• Crawling: Frequently
• Sitting: Frequently
• Standing: Frequently
• Walking: Frequently
• Walking in open-sided multi-level buildings: Frequently
• Bending: Frequently
• Climbing interior stairs: Frequently
• Climbing scaffolding: Frequently
• Climbing onto roofs: Frequently
• Balancing: Frequently
• Reaching: Frequently
• Handling Objects: Frequently
• Visual Activity: Must be exact with glasses/lens correction
• Hearing: Acute
• Driving: Frequently
Standard Work Hours
• Normal business hours (8:00 am to 5:00 pm). This position may require more than 40 hours per week including evenings and weekends. Some work will be performed via telecommunications from home. Travel may be required. Vehicle travel on behalf of the company requires possession of a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and adequate auto insurance that meets the company’s compliance minimums.