- The Field Consultant (HERS Rater) reports directly to the Field Operations Manager and is responsible for the delivery of all service deliverables to each assigned builder client. As a Field Consultant (HERS Rater), you may perform the following tests and inspections: (1) Duct Leakage Diagnostic Test, (2) Building Air Leakage Diagnostic Test, (3) Adequate Airflow Test, (4) Quality Insulation Installation & Air Infiltration Sealing Inspection, (5) Refrigerant Charge Verification, (6) Fan Efficacy Test, (7) Hot Water System Distribution Verification, (8) Whole House Fan Verification, (9) SEER/EER Verification, and (10) Solar Shade Analysis.
- Properly scheduling projects according to the scope of work and job site status
- Must complete HERS inspections per the RESNET guidelines. All HERS inspections are subject to QA by the QAD
- Collecting data and photo documentation on assigned projects to document scope of work compliance, which may include compliance with building codes, voluntary programs, and quality construction practices
- Tagging of anomalies as open items in writing
- Attending all mandatory training sessions; submitting a signed Training Verification Form within deadline
- Providing the correct amount of contact time and conducting the field-related deliverables per the contract and company work instructions
- Working with and providing training for the client’s field and trade personnel on Quality Built’s software platform
- Assisting with customer complaint resolution and documentation per company work instructions
- Providing regular updates of project status and changes to your supervisor and office via the scheduling program or in response to a specific inquiry
- Adhering to company policies, processes, and work instructions to meet all ISO compliance requirements
- Submitting timely and accurate mileage, job costing and other financial reporting
- Maintaining and protecting all company equipment and supplies
- Monitoring, reviewing, and responding to all communication (email, phone, voicemail) in a timely manner as required by company policy
- Other duties as assigned by (supervising manager, upper management, executives)
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Planning and Organization
- Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
- Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Education & Skills Requirements
- Current RESNET HERS Rater or Rating Field Inspector (RFI) Certification *REQUIRED*
- Current ENERGY STAR Rater Certification and/or ENERGY STAR Multifamily Rater Certification is ideal *Preferred*
- Current EPA Type II (high pressure equipment) / Universal (all equipment) Certification and/or FAA Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Pilot License is ideal *Preferred*
- One (1) to three (3) years’ experience as an active HERS Rater, Energy Auditor, or Sustainability Rater (LEED, NGBS, etc.) *REQUIRED*
- Five (5) or more years’ experience as an active HERS Rater, Energy Auditor, or Sustainability Rater (LEED, NGBS, etc.) *Preferred*
- Current ICC certification is desirable such as Residential Building Inspector (B1), Electrical Inspector (E1), Mechanical Inspector (M1), Plumbing Inspector (P1) *Preferred*
- Candidates who do not currently have an ICC Residential Building Inspector (B1) certification may be required to obtain certification within 6 months from date of hire *REQUIRED*
- Additional certifications such as BPI (Building Analyst and/or Envelope Professional), LEED Green Rater and NGBS Green Verifier are highly desirable *Preferred*
- Reliable transportation, as this position requires daily travel to and from our client’s job sites *REQUIRED*
- A valid driver’s license, clean driving record for minimum of 5 years and adequate auto insurance that meets company compliance ($100,000 bodily injury/$300,000 accident /$100,000 property damage) *REQUIRED*
- Strong computer and customer service (verbal and written) skills are a must *REQUIRED*
- Must complete HERS inspections per the RESNET guidelines. All HERS inspections are subject to QA by the QAD *REQUIRED*
- This job requires lifting up to 50 pounds. The worker must ask for assistance in lifting more than 50 pounds and may request assistance in lifting at any time.
- Be able to work in extreme climate conditions.
- Lifting: Frequently/up to 50 pounds
- Carrying: Same as lifting
- Pushing\pulling: Limited on specific job sight to examine structure
- Stooping: Frequently
- Crouching: Frequently
- Kneeling: Frequently
- Crawling: Frequently
- Sitting: Frequently
- Standing: Frequently
- Walking: Frequently
- Walking in open-sided multi-level buildings: Frequently
- Bending: Frequently
- Climbing interior stairs: Frequently
- Climbing scaffolding: Frequently
- Climbing onto roofs: Frequently
- Balancing: Frequently
- Reaching: Frequently
- Handling Objects: Frequently
- Visual Activity: Must be exact with glasses/lens correction
- Hearing: Acute
- Driving: Frequently
Standard Work Hours
- Normal business hours (8:00 am to 5:00 pm). This position may require more than 40 hours per week including evenings and weekends. Some work will be performed via telecommunications from home. Travel may be required. Vehicle travel on behalf of the company requires possession of a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and adequate auto insurance that meets the company’s compliance minimums.