The Sales Representative is responsible for identifying new sales opportunities, creating and building new relationships/rapport with client contacts, negotiating and closing new business deals, while remaining current and well informed on regional market trends and competition.
The ideal candidate will possess an entrepreneurial spirit and be a self-starter with a willingness and passion for making a genuine difference. We seek a motivated, enthusiastic, direct, honest, logical thinker with abundant energy, a dedication to excellence, and a strong desire for financial success.
We expect this person to work with others throughout the company in a respectful, energetic, and collaborative manner to create and maintain an environment that is conducive to solving issues as a team. This person will maintain high professional standards, expectations, and processes in all settings that align with Quality Built’s Mission, Vision, & Values, as well as, the general standards of the Sales & Marketing Department.
Responsibilities and Expectations
• Prospect for potential new account clients and rapidly turn opportunity into increased business by identifying and engaging the decision makers within the client organization.
• Develop and present proposals that clearly address the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
• Using a consultative sales approach, overcome objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
• Understand key players, building code, materials requirements, trends, and needs, and become a product, service and industry expert to leverage the company’s capabilities, experience, and successful partnerships.
• Work with leadership and technical staff to strategize new products and meet customer needs.
• Develop written account plans including metrics to define annualized sales potential at each account.
• Manage all phases within the sale cycle to the successful close of profitable deals.
• Deliver compelling sales presentations, arguments, and proposals.
• Communicate effectively at all client levels (titles), including C-level executives.
• Meet or exceed sales goals and quotas.
• Visit Job Sites, as needed.
• Routine Account Management Meetings with Current Customers
• Attend various industry events and provide feedback and information on regional market and competitive trends.
• Provide ongoing gap and competitive analysis to identify new growth area opportunities.
• Track, record, and submit expense and sales activity reports as required using company software.
• Uphold Policies and Practices as defined in the Company Employee Handbook.
Skills and Proficiencies
• Personable, Positive Attitude and Personality
• Demonstrated Sales Leadership
• Superior Relationship Management
• Effective and Compelling Presenter
• Effectively and Correctly Speak and Write English
• Strong Communication and Problem-Solving Skills
• Cross-functional Team Influencer
• Creative Thinker and Collaborator
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, engineering, or a related field is preferred, but not required.
• 3+ years of successful B2B field sales experience in the construction or a closely related field required; preferably with a specialty products/services supplier to building and/or development companies.
• Relationships, knowledge, and experience within the construction materials or services industry with residential or commercial builders is necessary.
• Experience with a consultative sales approach is helpful.
• Strong track record in growing sales, including a proven track record of selling value and developing relationships with key decision makers and influencers in customer organizations.
• Strong strategic, large account plan development, optimizing the sales funnel, articulating value propositions and creating metrics to demonstrate value.
• 3+ years’ experience with CRM systems.
• 3+ years’ experience and clear proficiency with MS Office suite and MS Teams.
• 3+ years’ experience working in cross-functional teams.
• 3+ years’ experience in sales demonstrations and presentations.
• 3+ years’ experience in all aspects of developing and managing sales strategies and territories.
• This role is currently a Work From Home position.
• Position requires sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, which permits the employee to function in a general or home office environment and while traveling to accomplish tasks.
• Constantly requires clarity of speech and hearing, which permits the employee to communicate effectively.
• Constantly requires clear vision to read printed materials and computer screen to accomplish work.
• Constantly requires repetitive movement of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
• 20% or less domestic travel and a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
• Must be insurable driver acceptable to the company’s insurance company.